Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Love will never fail"

One of the things I have learned in this whole healing process is love. I haven't always known what love is. I knew I was loved and I loved people but I never realized it was such a powerful feeling. A feeling...I never realized it was a feeling...I always thought of it as more of an action but I have now realized that loving someone is simply about loving and supporting them in everything they do. Giving them the feeling of unconditional encouragement even when it is not asked for, a feeling of an embrace even when they are not around. I hope that my children feel this love from me. There are so many people that I have truly feel close to through out my life but there are only a few that I feel truly connected to. These are the people that I love.

My children are at the top of that list. I love them with every ounce of my soul, every fiber of my being, and every part of my heart. Just to think that I could never love my children as much as God loves us, is truly amazing. He gave his son to die for us. This is something I could never do. It is truly humbling when you think of it like that.

I have learned to appreciate my children for who they are and not what they do. Eden can cheer with the best of best and I would be proud don't get me wrong. I would be ecstatic =0) but why do so many people define their children by what they do and how well they do? I think losing a child brings this stuff in more of a prospective. If Eden never cheers another day in her life I will be just as happy with her. If she doesn't make straight A's then I won't flip out. I have a child that will never experience life and this brings the trivial things that people get upset over into prospective. I love my children no matter what they want to do in life and I will support them no matter what decision they make. I will always remember that they are both been given the chance to live life and I want them to live it with a smile on their face.

After all that has happened I look at my children in a different light. I don't think I could love them more then I did before but I know that I love them differently now. Without expectations, without limitations. The one thing in life that I know will never fail my children is my love.

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will never fail....." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment